Friday, November 27, 2009

Exciting New Ventures

Today, I was very excited to attend the grand opening of a new coffee shop in town, Big A Coffee Company. I saw that there was some jewelry for sale in the shop, and thought it might be wise to ask about selling some of my soaps or lip balms. Dee Dee, one of the owners, seemed very excited about the idea and had actually seen my shop on Etsy. I told her about the ArtFire shop, too; because it turns out that she sells jewelry on Etsy, and I thought she might like the chance for a new (free) venue. So, as of Wednesday, I will have Soft & Sweet Lip balm, a gift basket or two, and my soaps (Bee Refreshed and Bee Soothed) available for sale at Big A Coffee Company, as well as on Etsy and on ArtFire. There are a few other venues in town that I might be able to partner with, but for now I am very exited to see this opportunity come about.

Everyone local should definitely check out Big A Coffee Company. They are using a local coffee brewer (well, from just over the state line in SC), Iron Brew Coffee. I had a mint mocha today (special order) and it was really good. My husband Jeff had a plain ol' coffee, and he said that was great, as well. I had a spinach mushroom feta breakfast burrito that was delicious! We also tried a sample of an incredible 2-layer brownie. Beyond the food and coffee, which are of course integral to a good coffee shop; the decor was fantastic. I have seen three other businesses operated in the same establishment, and while 2 of the three had pretty good decor, these ladies outdid them all. The walls were repainted a light gray color that really opened up the place. The non-load bearing posts which were previously there had been taken out, also allowing for better use of the space. And colorful (with plenty of earth tones which are perfect for coffee shops) and tasteful artistic pieces bedecked the wals. There were armchairs and a sofa as well as the normal tables and chairs. All in all, the place looked fantastic, the coffee was great, and so was the food.

I highly recommend a visit to Big A Coffee Company, and would of course love your support while you are visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment